Onesimo Bulilit Foundation is a faith-
We are a nurturing community, working towards creating a world safe for children, that together we may experience God’s Kingdom.
We reach out to children at risk.
We create an environment that nurtures transformation.
We provide opportunities for participation, growth and leadership development.
By 2017, Onesimo Bulilit has:
- Maintained and continually developed residential care for abused and abandoned children.
- Maintained and continually developed community based programs for children at risk.
- Facilitated the transition of children in residential care to alternative parental care or independent living.
- Developed child rights advocates and young leaders who are active agents of transformation in their families, schools, and community.
- Supported children at risk within their families, and all efforts done to empower and equip the families to care for their own children.
- Created systems for resource development.
Our Core Values
We orient our lives and service on the model and teaching of Jesus Christ.
Respect for Dignity.
We respect the inherent dignity, worth, beauty, and creativity of each individual.
We believe that meaningful and nurturing relationships facilitate transformation and personal growth.
Participation & Empowerment.
We promote the participation of children in all decisions concerning them, and we empower children and parents to take responsibility for their own lives.
We create a child-friendly environment where the children are safe and have space to play.
We promote and practice education that takes into consideration the child’s nature, preferences, and capacity and aims at developing the child’s full potential.
We value a constant process of creative change, growth, and learning.
Our Target Population
Our programs focus on some of the most highly congested inner city areas of Manila City, including Quiapo, Divisoria, and Tondo.
Our target group includes out-of-school street children that spend extended hours on the streets without parental supervision.
Particularly, we work with with three types of street children:
- children of street families;
- “street working children”, spending their days unsupervised on the streets vending, begging and getting involved in petty crime;
- “street living children”, making a living on the streets on their own, run-aways, abandoned or with parents in jail.
The residential programs also caters for physically and sexually abused children.
At Onesimo Bulilit, we:
- use a developmental approach, viewing the child in the context of his or her family and community;
- support and empower families to use their own resources in order to care for their children;
- want to see both parents and junior leaders becoming models and transforming agents for their families and community;
- aim to build family-like communities as a venue for healing and transformation;
- believe that genuine transformation cannot happen without the power of God’s healing love and grace.